Thursday, October 25, 2007

Oh, Snap!

What attracted me to the links:
Spencer’s blog- I was interested in learning what changes Dell is implementing to compete with, and learn from, Apple computers.

Robert’s blog- I think the subject of why some products fail in design is very interesting, and that was the first thing Robert mentioned. It also seemed from Roberts commentary that the authors took some of the concepts that Donald Norman talks about, but expanding on them so they are more modernized.

What I found interesting on the sites:
Spencer’s blog- I liked seeing some of the interesting design ideas Dell had for their computers, like an LCD screen on top of the tower.

Robert’s blog- It was cool to see that the article was in interview format, so you could see the complete answers of the designer and the engineer. I liked when they talked about improving upon old products to make a new, better one.

How the site relates to topics in class:
Spencer’s blog- This article talks about many of the same design concepts we covered, including feedback, as in the case of the LCD screen I mentioned earlier.

Robert’s blog- This article relates to class because the authors also have their own principles of design that are similar to Norman’s: Emotion, Aesthetics, Product Identity, Impact, Ergonomics, Core Technology, and Quality.

Spencer's

Robert's

No comments: